Post Flu, Back In Action!
Monday, January 7, 2013
The first Monday morning back at the office for everyone post-flu!
We've still got some post-influenza symptoms that'll we're told will last another week or so now, but all-in-all everyone's feeling a world's better and managed to get some good progress in!
New Video This Week
We're looking at probably (nothing solid) around Thursday/Friday for the new video, so you might want to subscribe to the YouTube channel or sign up for the newsletter to know the instant it's up!
Update On The Update
- Very stable and strong re-build of the network engine has been the emphasis since W71 when Zack came to join us as the game's second core engine coder (Nathan alone had done everything before engine related before then).
- We're in the "put everything back together" phase; the game has otherwise been virtually unplayable since W71 hence lack of visually descriptive news updates on the game itself.
- Weeks, not months for the next update, to follow finally with a return to the bi-weeklyish updates we all know and love!
- Over 100 improvements on the changelog, mostly bug fixes and general improvements.
- During the holidays with Zack now a full-time engine coder we did some reflection and battle planning for the upcoming year. Some decisions have been made for a 6-month battle plan that we'll have to go into deeper details with in a separate communiqué.
Hit us up on the web chat IRC if you have any questions regarding the update and the battle plan! We're available from 9:00AM EST to 5:00PM EST, and mostly only Alaric bites.
As always, thank you all for your support!